Los Angeles, CA – WESTEC 2015 (WESTEC Booth 440) – Sept. 15, 2015 – Coming off record sales growth for its MERLIN communications platform and a partnership with advanced machine tool manufacturer Mazak Corp., MEMEX Inc. (TSX-V: OEE) is bringing its new logo, associated branding and MERLIN value proposition to WESTEC, the West Coast’s premier manufacturing tradeshow and learning event.
Proven in single and multi-plant installations across North America, MERLIN is an industrial strength shop-floor-to-top- floor communications platform that provides efficiency metrics in real time. Specifically, the MERLIN value proposition:
- Delivers a 10%-50% average productivity increase
- Earns 20%-plus profit improvement based on just a 10% increase in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Consistently achieves payback in less than 4 months with an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) greater than 300%
- Connects to any machine, old or new, utilizing native MTConnect or hardware adapters for older machines
MERLIN market traction catapulted MEMEX Inc.’s revenue by 155% year over year for the third quarter of 2015, and 97% for the first nine months ended June 30, 2015. President & CEO David McPhail commented, “We are pleased with both our year to date as well as our quarterly year over year comparable growth. Our continued investment in the development of our direct sales and partner channels is reflected in the numbers reported. The concept of data-driven manufacturing and MERLIN’s new branding and value proposition are resonating well with new customers and the follow-on MERLIN plant expansion plans of our existing customers.”
MEMEX Inc. also has a new strategic partnership with Mazak Corp. Mazak has named MEMEX to its exclusive Value Inspired Partner (VIP) program. The announcement comes at a time when Mazak is paving the way in digital resource productivity via its iSMART Factory concept, an all-encompassing vision that harnesses the power of connectivity to optimize manufacturing operations at every level.
Mazak selects VIP partners that share its same forward-thinking approach to manufacturing. According to Brian Papke, president of Mazak Corporation, MEMEX makes the perfect VIP because Mazak knows first-hand how the company can help create factories of the future today. And, like Mazak, MEMEX believes in continuous innovation, boosting manufacturing productivity via digital interconnectedness and helping customers achieve the best possible competitive advantage.
MERLIN plays a critical role in the iSMART Factory concept by allowing Mazak to monitor its productivity and overall equipment effectiveness metrics from anywhere in real-time. The MTConnect® open communications protocol works in conjunction with MERLIN to harvest the data from all the different production floor machines, cells, devices and processes.
The WESTEC manufacturing community can also come to Booth 440 to learn more about MEMEX Inc.’s documented MERLIN Return on Investment (ROI) case studies, including:
- An aerospace plant reduced downtime events from 400 hours down to 100 hours. This resulted in a net increase in machining capacity of 100 hours/month. The Return In Investment (ROI) was $30,000/month against an initial cost for MERLIN of $20,000.
- An advanced manufacturing CEO initiated a mandate to look at OEE systems that automatically track machine utilization. The company standardized on MERLIN with more than 140 machines in 6 manufacturing plants. With accurate OEE, they continuously question assumptions, improve processes and cut downtime. They contend this is far cheaper than buying new machines.
- An aerospace and defense components manufacturer saw a 20% gain in efficiency within a week of installing MERLIN on six machines, and then saw another gain across the board over the course of a year. The company scaled up to every machine in its plant and increased OEE by 25%.
About the Company
MEMEX Inc. is a leading Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technology platform provider that connects to any machine and delivers real-time manufacturing productivity metrics. Industrial strength MERLIN software provides Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) efficiency metrics in real time, from shop floor to top floor. MERLIN connects to any machine, old or new, utilizing MTConnect, other protocols or hardware adapters. The MERLIN magic delivers a 10% to 50% average productivity increase so that any manufacturer can achieve world-class standards of excellence. Based on just a 10% increase in OEE, customers see profit improvements of 20%-plus and payback in less than four months. For more information, please visit: www.memex-inc.com
Leanne Rattray, Communications Specialist
David McPhail, CEO
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
To see the full press release, please click here.